40th Anniversary Gala Event: A Celebration of Superheroes
On Thursday, October 6, 2016, the Pension Rights Center celebrated its 40th anniversary at a gala reception. The reception honored individuals who have made outstanding contributions to retirement security.
Reception and Awards Presentation
Superhero Awards for outstanding contributions to retirement security
- Phyllis C. Borzi, Assistant Secretary, Employee Benefits Security Administration, U.S. Department of Labor
- J. Mark Iwry, Senior Advisor to the Secretary, Deputy Assistant Secretary for Retirement and Health Policy, U.S. Department of the Treasury
- Thomas Reeder, Jr., Director, Pension Benefit Guaranty Corporation
- Norman P. Stein, Senior Policy Advisor, Pension Rights Center & Professor, Thomas R. Kline School of Law, Drexel University
Activist Superhero Awards
- Bob Amsden, Wisconsin Committee to Protect Pensions
- Frank Bryant, North Carolina Committee to Protect Pensions
- Tommy Burke, North Carolina Committee to Protect Pensions
- Rita Lewis, Northeast Ohio Committee to Protect Pensions
- Mary Rich, Hospital Center at Orange
- Greg Smith, Northeast Ohio Committee to Protect Pensions
- Mike Walden, Northeast Ohio Committee to Protect Pensions
- Altman Fund
- International Association of Machinists and Aerospace Workers
- Stris & Maher LLP
- Cohen, Milstein, Sellers & Toll PLLC
- Financial Engines
- Keller Rohrback L.L.P.
- Schlichter Bogard & Denton LLP
- Stephen R. Bruce Law Offices
- American Academy of Actuaries
- American Retirement Association
- Association of BellTel Retirees Inc./ProtectSeniors.Org
- Baker Botts L.L.P.
- Covington & Burling LLP
- Ian Lanoff
- International Brotherhood of Teamsters
- Keightley & Ashner LLP
- Marion H. Mudd
- McDermott Will and Emery
- National Retiree Legislative Network
- Overlook Foundation
- Pensions & Investments
- Proskauer Rose LLP
- Service Employees International Union
- Slevin & Hart, PC
- Steptoe and Johnson LLP
- American Federation of Teachers
- Charlie McBride and Peggy DeBell
- Daniel H. Mudd
- Ellen A. Bruce and Richard Segan
- Fred and Michelle Reish
- Henry Rose
- International Brotherhood of Boilermakers
- Janet Janjigian, in memory of Reuven Frank
- Lucia and John Mudd
- Martin & Bonnett PLLC
- Melanie & Larry Nussdorf
- National Education Association
- Olena Lacy
- Pillsbury Winthrop Shaw Pittman LLP
- Ralph Nader
- Sandals & Associates, P.C.
Teamsters Local 100
- The Terry Group
- United Steelworkers
- American Benefits Council
- Barbara Kennelly Associates, LLC
- Caricatures by Tom Chalkley
- Clark Law Group
- Daniel Halperin
- DeBofsky Sherman & Casciari P.C.
- Dianne Bennett
- Helene Madonick & Laura Einstein
- John H. Biggs
- Judith Mazo
- Minnesota Committee to Protect Pension Rights
- North Carolina Committee to Protect Pensions
- Promotional Marketing Services
- Randy Barber
- Ron Dean
- Scott Macey
- Squire Patton Boggs
- Wayne Turner
- Denise Clark, Clark Law Group, PLLC
- Francis Creighton, Financial Services Roundtable
- Holly Fechner, Covington & Burling
- Janet Janjigian, The Carmen Group West
- Olena Lacy, Pension Rights Center Board of Directors
- Ian Lanoff, Groom Law Group & Pension Rights Center Board of Directors
- Scott Macey, Pension Rights Center Michael S. Gordon Fellow
- Marion Mudd, Pension Rights Center Board of Directors
- Robert Roach, Jr., Alliance for Retired Americans & Pension Rights Center Board of Directors
- Howard Shapiro, Proskauer Rose LLP
- Tom Terry, The Terry Group
- Kathleen Kennedy Townsend, The Rock Creek Group
Looking for help with your retirement plan?
If you have a problem with your retirement plan, free help may be available from the U.S. Administration on Aging's network of Pension Counseling and Information Projects. Find help now.
What's your story?
We're hearing from people around the country who are worried about cuts to their pensions. These are their stories.
PensionHelp America connects people who need help with their pension, 401(k), and other retirement plans with the pension counseling projects, legal services providers, and government agencies that can help answer their questions. Visit www.pensionhelp.org.
Roadmap to retirement
Let our roadmap to helpful information about retirement plans for private-sector workers put you on the path toward a secure retirement. Get started.
Get E-mail Updates
Did You Know?
A 401(k) plan is a retirement savings plan in which the benefit is based on contributions to an individual account and the investment return on those contributions. Typically, employees make contributions to the plan and, in many cases, employers match the employees' contributions. These plans are called defined contribution plans. In most 401(k) and other retirement savings plans, the employee is responsible for choosing among the investments offered by the plan. Other types of retirement savings plans are 403(b) and 457 plans.