Speeches, Statements, Letters, and Comments
- Speech by Karen Friedman to the Governor’s Task Force to Ensure Retirement Security for All Marylanders (August 7, 2014)
- Speech by Karen Friedman to the Texas Municipal Retirement System (November 19, 2013)
- Norman Stein calls for an end to conflicts of interest in investment advice (September 13, 2013)
- Testimony of the Pension Rights Center in support of S.B. 249, an Act Promoting Retirement Savings before the Committee on Labor and Public Employees of the Connecticut General Assembly (March 11, 2014)
- PRC statement on protecting employees, employers, and retirees when making reforms to the multiemployer pension system (October 29, 2013)
- PRC testimony to the ERISA Advisory Council on private-sector pension "de-risking" and participant protections (August 29, 2013)
- PRC Letter to the Department of Labor on Its Spring 2014 Regulatory Agenda (June 10, 2014)
- PRC letter to the U.S. House of Representatives opposing H.R. 2374 on fiduciary standards (September 30, 2013)
- Memo to Saint Peter's University Hospital retirement plan participants re: IRS church plan ruling (September 19, 2013)
Looking for help with your retirement plan?
If you have a problem with your retirement plan, free help may be available from the U.S. Administration on Aging's network of Pension Counseling and Information Projects. Find help now.
Roadmap to retirement
Let our roadmap to helpful information about retirement plans for private-sector workers put you on the path toward a secure retirement. Get started.
PensionHelp America connects people who need help with their pension, 401(k), and other retirement plans with the pension counseling projects, legal services providers, and government agencies that can help answer their questions. Visit www.pensionhelp.org.
Get E-mail Updates
Retirement USA is a national initiative that is working for a new retirement system that, along with Social Security, will provide universal, secure, and adequate income for future retirees. Visit the website.