Speeches, Statements, Letters, and Comments
- Speech by Karen Friedman to the Pension Rights Committee of North Carolina (May 30-31, 2015)
- Speech by Karen Friedman at Gettysburg College on "Re-Defined Benefits: The Past, Present, and Future of Defined Benefit Pensions in the United States" (April 23, 2015)
- Speech by Karen Friedman to the Pension Rights Committee of Minnesota (April 11, 2015)
- PRC statement in response to a subcommittee hearing on multiemployer pension plans (April 29, 2015)
- PRC testimony to the ERISA Advisory Council on lifetime participation in retirement plans (August 21, 2014)
- PRC testimony to the ERISA Advisory Council on outsourcing retirement plan services (August 19, 2014)
- Save Our Retirement group letter to DOL Secretary Perez, telling him not to extend fiduciary comment period (May 8, 2015)
- PRC letter to Congress opposing "stealth" provisions that would cut retiree benefits in multiemployer plans (December 3, 2014)
- PRC letter to OMB, supporting the collection of additional information from terminating pension plans (November 18, 2014)
Looking for help with your retirement plan?
If you have a problem with your retirement plan, free help may be available from the U.S. Administration on Aging's network of Pension Counseling and Information Projects. Find help now.
We're hearing from people around the country who are worried about cuts to their pensions. These are their stories. Share yours here.
Roadmap to retirement
Let our roadmap to helpful information about retirement plans for private-sector workers put you on the path toward a secure retirement. Get started.
PensionHelp America connects people who need help with their pension, 401(k), and other retirement plans with the pension counseling projects, legal services providers, and government agencies that can help answer their questions. Visit www.pensionhelp.org.
Get E-mail Updates
Retirement USA is a national initiative that is working for a new retirement system that, along with Social Security, will provide universal, secure, and adequate income for future retirees. Visit the website.